Jay Leno says the car's engine chimney
felt like her 'face was in the chimney'
A classic car aficionado and host of Jay Leno's storage, Leno told People that
"while you're working with vehicles
you have a variety of accidents," but
admitted that the Nov.
12 incident was "bigger than the max." Accompanied by the help
of his old friend Dave Killackey
Leno was in his Burbank garage trying to unclog a fuel line
inside the undercarriage of his 1907 White steam car.
Leno reportedly injected air into the gas line to try to unclog it, leaving him with
"a face full of gasoline."
A spark from the engine combined with
the fuel set Leno's face on fire
“I felt like my face was on fire,” he said. "Maybe like the
most extreme sunburn you've ever had
as he knew it would severely damage
his lungs if he inhaled.
Need More Stories